Tuesday 18 December 2018

OUGD601: COP PRACTICAL- Production

Production:

To print this booklet I wanted a simple but effective way of binding the pages. I have done lots of bookbinding projects in the past, and felt although it would be nice to hand bind the project it would take up too much of my time to stitch it in the way I would want to. To solve this issue, I simply bound the book by stapling it. For this I used a special stapler which allows you to place the pages, once folded, onto a ledge allowing the staples to puncture the paper correctly.  I felt this was more appropriate as it would be the kind of booklet format a company would receive after a rebrand. 

When printing the booklet I was limited in the stock I could pick, as I was printing double sided. I ended using an Olin Regular 200 gsm for the stock inside the book. Although I like the weight of this paper, it did print block colour not so well, leaving me with not quite as clean colour outcome that I would have wanted. Saying this, it does not effect the booklet too much, just a minor issue. This was however a factor out of my hands and something uncontrollable that was the printers fault. This didn’t effect the initial aesthetic of the booklet as I used a different stock for the front and back cover: I used Matt 245 gsm. This gave my booklet a professional look with the matted, thicker stock. As it wasn’t double sided, I printed it on the better quality printer, this came out look very clean and just as I wanted it. After trimming and stapling the pages together it was now time for me to complete the booklet using the electric guillotine, this creates a clean cut line leaving work looking professional and to an industry standard.











No comments:

Post a Comment