Wednesday 5 December 2018

OUGD601: Evaluation


What went well:
I feel as if the majority of the project has run smoothly. I particularly feel this as the logo type is successful. I say this as I believe I have met the criteria I set. The brand has majorly changed and adapted to appeal to a new audience in a new place. I adapted key brand and design traits to ensure the image gets interpreted correctly. I presented this logotype through a branding guidelines book, highlighting to the client how to use the logo as well as all the key parts of the rebrand so the understand the new ethos and aesthetic of the brand. This was very successful and worked accordingly. The outcome looked professional and to an industry standard. The poster campaign created also worked very well. I feel this was due having a strong concept which directly linked with the brands ethos and selling a sense of Japanese routes.

Even better if:
Although most of the project did go to plan, when it came to the packaging of the product, this wasn't as much of a triumph. After experimenting with the packaging labels on lots of different bottle sizes I still couldn't find the perfect sized bottles. At this point in the project I had already worked a large amount on the labels and felt I needed to focus on the actual logo rebrand. Although I would have like to found the perfect bottle sizes for the product, this wasn't directly linked the rebrand and focused more on packaging, which my theoretical side of the project didn't focus to much on. I also would have liked a better quality print for the inside of my guidelines book, I say this as printing double sided in block colour is much harder to get a clean finish. This was a pain but something out of my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment