Sunday 16 December 2018

OUGD601: COP PRACTICAL - Logo Creation


Logo Creation 

After discussing the direction of the project with my tutor I decided to solely focus on the brands image and ethos. From this I knew it was only appropriate to create a branding guidelines book for the company as if they were my client. As I already had an aesthetic, creating the logo for the company came pretty easily. Before this I had to consider the name the company. Currently in English it translates to ‘Magic Lynn’. I felt this was very weak and had no relation to the product really and no ring to it. I knew I wanted something fresh and catchy, also relating to japan and products. I decided on ‘Super Clean’. I felt this worked as Super I feel relates to Japan in particular as a description word, as well as seeing It on there main website. Clean obviously refers to the product. As you can see below I tried a variation of type and styles to bring the logo to life. This wasn't too hard as a new I wanted to use Helvetica like I had in the labels, although I tried a range of fonts. In this case it was more a question of how to use it. After trying it out in numerous ways I decided on super being in Bold italic, running with eh sprayed concept, and clean contrasting with this is ultralight, creating a fresh clean look. Underneath this usingヒラギノ角ゴ Pro for the Japanese type creating a good variation of stroke amongst the three types. This logotype is on a blue background, the same blue used in the label design. I felt this worked well but looking at this colour so much made think about possibly using a colour with a bit more pop that contrasts better with white.  




















Final Logo:






No comments:

Post a Comment