Sunday 16 December 2018

OUGD601: COP PRACTICAL- Primary research - Asian supermarket


Primary Research - Asian Supermarket:

I decided to rebrand a company based in Asia that hadn’t yet conquered the western market. I felt this was appropriate as Asian and European cultural values differ greatly. To start this part of the project I decided to find the closest Asian supermarket to me. I felt this would be the best place to start giving me a good idea of the style of branding in Asia as well as possible ideas for products to rebrand. This shop was perfect only stocking imported Asian products meaning none of them where packaged and branded with the intention of coming to the UK. This was good as it gave a realistic idea of the mood and vibe and what the type of product range  in Asia, specifically china and japan. I loved the graphic, bold and fun packaging in the shop and this made me very enthusiastic as to deciding to choose to rebrand a Japanese product. They use fun colour as well lots of characters within the branding. I was intrigued at how different the products were packaged in contrast to here. The letter forms create a completely different aesthetic and almost imitate patterns making the overall look of these products so different to the west.
































No comments:

Post a Comment