Tuesday 18 December 2018

OUGD601: COP PRACTICAL- Ethics & Time Management


Ethical considerations:

Within this project I had to think about ethical considerations. This particularly applied to my project as it revolves around cultural values. This meant I had to be sure not offend certain cultures within my designs.

This was specifically the case when it came to the logotype. This was because of the use of two languages. I had to ensure that the Japanese type did not take the main stage, this was because I didn't want the product to be confused for being made for Japan instead of a western market. I only wanted to hint that brand had Japanese routes. As well as this I had to ensure that the Japanese type read correctly, ensuring not to offend any Japanese speaking people by it reading wrong.

Time management:

I felt like I managed my time quite well in this project. I finished the essay at a good time, allowing lots of time for changes and adjustments. My practical didn't go as smoothly as my theory due to starting it slightly later. This meant I did still have a large amount to do in the last week. I feel this was due to me spending to much time oo the packaging design, although saying this, it fed into my Logotype perfectly. This allowed me to develop my logo type quickly as I already new the aesthetic I was going for. Other than that, I had no problems with timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment