Tuesday 7 May 2019

OUGD603: EVALUATION


In this brief I have tried to execute a range of briefs showing my multidisciplinary skills in the field of graphic design. Particularly through this brief I have focused on branding, advertising, editorial and type design. Across this brief I have tried to experiment using ways of working that are new to me, these include animation, video creation and new ways of bookbinding. I have enjoyed nearly all of the projects but found it particularly hard on some, this particularly the case with Brut were my collaboration partner didn't make any effort. Saying this some of my most successful projects from this brief include For Tomorrow and Around the World in 80 Pages and these were both collaboration. I feel the key difference here was I knew the skills level of my collaborators before deciding to do a brief, this wasn't the case with the Brut project. Projects that surprised me included Heinz, which at one point I was going to drop due to being unable to get get equipment to film. This negative turned to a positive when I decided to do a stop frame illustrated animation. Although this was tedious at times it was very rewarding at the end and enthused me to do more illustration something I used to love doing. To conclude OUGD603 has improved my technical and thinking skills across a range of applications for my practise, although challenging at times it has made me consider time management and how to deal with a big work load. It has also shown me how to collaborate in the wrong and right way. It has given me a much clearer idea of my style of work and what works best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment