Monday 6 May 2019

OUGD602: PPP - CONTACTING INDUSTRY


Contacting industry:

When trying to find work placements I started of by doing some initial research into studios in the local area of Leeds. Although there were some these did not compare to the sheer scale of studios in London. Having grown up and my home being in London these were accessible to apply to as well. Here some examples of studios i wanted to contact as I felt my style would fit there aesthetics. 

Some of my favourite studios in Leeds:

Rabbit Hole:


analogue:


Some of my favourite studios in London: 

Johnson Banks:



A Practise for Everday Life:




I contacted all of the above by calling into the studio to introduce my self on the phone before sending my portfolio. This is a more personal meeting and would hopefully put a friendly voice to the name when I send them through my portfolio etc. this also gave the chance to see if the studios were looking for anyone and their situation on taking in interns/placements. I then followed up on our phone conversation, sending the studio my portfolio. 




No comments:

Post a Comment