Monday 6 May 2019

OUGD602: PPP- GETTING NOTICED


Getting noticed:


Having problems being noticed through my website, I made a big effort to get my Instagram noticed more. Having seen the success of some my peers through the platform I felt this was necessary. Saying this I think its easy to create work that does well on Instagram and although this appealed to me I wanted to ensure I was sticking to my style of design and not follow trends for the sake of likes.

Casey Neistat Competition:


One of the ways to get noticed was though applying for a competition posted by one of my favourite content creators on youtube: Casey Neistat. This winner to be flown out to New York to help work on the identity for his new company 368. I saw this as a great opportunity to use my personal branding to take over the hashtag by posting an array of images creating a tiled piece on the feed. I used the technique of slicing up my logo to create the abstract pattern. This was then paired with green arrows (these green arrows are signature of casey, spray painting over his personal possessions) these pointed to a central green mysterious box, containing images of my work to slide through. This was a fun activity and although not winning it looked impressive taking over the hashtag. For a short period of time this worked well on my Instagram page but soon looked out of place when the competition ended.



Insatgram presence:

After this I felt it was necessary to archive all my Instagram posts and start a fresh. I felt this was key to me creating the aesthetic I wanted everyone else to see my work as.  I decided on uploading all projects in sets of 3, ensuring work was easily differentiate by the it being sectioned of by taking up a line in the feed. To gain traction I took part in the project 36 days of type. This was the task of creating a custom letter/ number for 36 days in a row. This was a great opportunity to gain some followers whilst exploring and expanding my knowledge and skills of creating custom typography.  During the 36 days I used a colour wheel effect on my feed, each 3 posts changing in colour to produce a gradient effect across my feed. Although this looked fresh, it was a bit to in your face for my liking. Once again I archived these after the project, this time I re uploaded combining together and changing the colour scheme to to black on grey. This project worked well to boost my activity and engagement with Instagram. 















No comments:

Post a Comment