Monday 6 May 2019

OUGD602: PPP - PLACEMENT - Irving & co


Irving & Co: 

Irving and co is a small packaging design studio based in Finsbury Park, north London. There clients include Carluccios, Rude health and other niche foodie products.  Knowing the founder of the studio through friends of friends I managed to get a week’s work placement. It is a tight knit team with five members in the studio. The studio is also small but cosy and in a great location in Finsbury park, situated next to the station in the Arts Building. The team were nothing but welcoming and friendly. This week was great experience, working on live briefs, mainly idea generation and seeing what its like to be in a small studio. Although I really enjoyed this, I didn't feel like it would the kind of environment I would like to work in over a long period of time. The reason I say this is because it was a bit to up close and small, being quite cramped and a small office would put me off working there. I liked the work the studio creates but felt my style would be suited somewhere I bit more commercial. I have kept in contact with the founder Julian and is a good contact to have in industry. They also kindly paid me without me asking.




Some work I did whilst working on a yoghourt product:


No comments:

Post a Comment