Tuesday 7 May 2019

OUGD602: PPP - MANIFESTO


My ethos 

As a designer I aim to make the world a better place through design that’s functional and serves a purpose. My design should always serve a function but at the same time take a fun approach making the outcome and workload. I believe in general design should take a minimal or busy approach to a piece, my experience has taught me this. Saying this my best work is my most refined work, design should strip away the unnecessary and I hope to carry on creating work in this style, building a minimal aesthetic that communicates with ease. I work best under pressure, short intense projects allow me to produce work at an industry speed and make me create solutions efficiently. 

My plans for leaving university 

After university I will be starting my new job in the role of junior designer. This very exciting move will be my first job in the industry. I hope to gain an understanding of how the industry works, communicating with clients and working with colleagues. I hope to broaden my skill set, working to hard deadlines under pressure , as well a technical  and people skills.


The future

With the original plan of doing an internship for 6 months to a year. I had then planned to find a studio abroad to be a junior in by 2020. These plans have changed since my job offer, making me consider my new journey. My aim to become a rounded graphic designer in the commercial world, gaining experience at Springetts for 2-3 years. This should give me a good bearing of the industry and where I would like to go from there. I know I defiantly want to be working abroad in the next stage of the career. New York or Scandinavia are the destinations I am most interested in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment