Monday 6 May 2019

OUGD602: PPP - PORTFOLIO & CV

My Portfolio:

With my portfolio, I created two versions. The first was created when I will applying for placements at studios. This was a mini portfolio showing a couple of piece from each of the areas within graphic design I am interested in. I don't feel at this point there was a point in trying to create a full portfolio without the majority of my work finished. This mini folio gave the audience a taste for my aesthetic.

experiments of cover for portfolio:











Initial mini portfolio without new work:








Once I had completed the work I wanted for my portfolio I set making the real version. The cover page uses my personal branding, using my pattern imagery of my logo and basic contact information. The first page consisted of a black white page collaged with aspects that reflect my interests. The portfolio followed a simple format. The logotype for each project was placed in the top left corner, this then left free rain for the rest of the assets to be placed wherever suitable. The portfolio takes a minimal approach letting the audience interpret the work, hopefully communicating its function without text to help.

Sketches for development:








CV

Not being the best at English literature meant making my CV was not an enjoyable process. Saying this I asked a friend to look at his. Being an English student his CV was well though out and gave me an idea of what needed to go on it and the style of writing I needed to use to ensure professionalism. Similarly, to my portfolio I ran my branding aesthetic and typography through the cv, this creates a sense of consistency between different aspects of branding.

NEW FINAL PORTFOLIO & CV UPLOADED AS PDF ON COMPUTER



No comments:

Post a Comment