Sunday 23 April 2017

OUGD401: Idea generation


I have created these initial ideas from looking at the parties ‘what we stand for page’. From this I gathered their main aims as a party and looked at some of their key phrases to give me inspiration. Some of these were:

- Our members come from all walks of life
- each of them can have a voice in how our policies are written, 
        updated and amended.
- Our policy is developed by ordinary members, not just the leadership
- ensuring each individual voice is heard and listened to
- system that puts the public first
- an economy that gives everyone their fair share
- society capable of supporting everyone’s needs

- planet protected from the threat of climate change now 
           and for the generation to come.                        
- ensuring that everyone has access to a secure job
- build an economy that works for the common good

Initial sketches:


This first concept is the idea of people from all different walks of life coming together, on a road to a positive future and change in politics. In this idea I have looked at swirling patterns, trying to represent starting small and growing into something bigger. I have also tried incorporating the G into this. I also looked at the shape and patter of stairs and representing rising. I felt the G with this idea looked too related the environment, something which I wanted to keep in consideration but edge away from.


This second concept was based around everyone having an equal voice, and ensuring the equality of everyone’s opinions. Something which came up a lot whilst researching into the party. I have tried showing this simply by using shapes and symmetry to divide them and show equality. I also tried using the overlapping of hands joining together in different shades of green to show diversity and a fair society.

The third concept I have taken forward is focused on representing the range of policies that the green party have. This was the key reason why I wanted to re brand the party in the first place and therefore I feel it’s the strongest idea. Once again simply using shapes I have broken them up into 6 sections. These represent their main policies. I feel the use of a triangle works well being the strongest shape. It also pushes the idea that it doesn’t matter how big or small you are, without either size piece the whole structure wouldn’t be as stable. Encouraging people from all ethnicities and levels of wealth should be on an equal level.  



No comments:

Post a Comment