Sunday 23 April 2017

OUGD401: Defining the brief



After looking into political branding as the area of study for my context of practice module, I thought I would only be right to brand a political party or member. After looking at the range of main parties in the UK, I decided to rebrand the green party. I feel they only communicate and convey themselves as a party that considers the environment and climate and doesn’t worry about other policies. After looking at their website and key policies, I could clearly see that this wasn’t the case. To my surprise they had a range of good policies that catered for a much wider target market, not just those gunning for the environment. I particularly thought their policies catered for the younger generation, meaning I would be in their target market, something I feel is good, designing something for my age group. I thought their logo was an immediate let down, feeling like a fair trade sign only appealing to middle age hippies at first glance. The green party brand I feel has a big gap in appealing to a much larger audience. It seriously lacks conveying that this is a party with lots of policies to offer, that appeal to a much bigger audience. This is why I felt it was the perfect political party to rebrand. I will need to look at successful political branding and the competitors of the green party and how they go about communicating what they stand for. I will also need to consider creating a logo that is friendly and modern to encourage the new generation of voters.

No comments:

Post a Comment